Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch.

Certified Pre-Owned


Stellarvue Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Upgrade Program – Benefit of Ownership

As a benefit of ownership, our customers can upgrade to a newer, larger or more advanced Stellarvue telescope by “trading up."  Here is how this program works:

1. You contact us at to let us know you want to participate in a trade up. The trade up must be for a new Stellarvue SVX Apo Triplet. For example, you can trade up an Access 80 for an SVX 130T but you can not trade up into another Access or CPO telescope. 
2. We give you an RA number. 
3. You carefully pack your telescope up and send it to us insured with the RA number written on the box and a copy of all email correspondence you have had with us. 
4. We contact you when the telescope arrives and recommend a sale price and a minimum sale price. If we agree on pricing we go to work.
5. Stellarvue will clean, align, certify the telescope as a Certified Preowned Telescope (CPO). It will be sold with our usual 30-day money back guarantee and 2-year warranty. 
6. Since we offer the 30-day money back guarantee, we wait for 30 days after the sale and then credit the purchase of the new telescope for 70% of the sale price of the CPO. The remaining 30% is our consignment fee for the work we do in certifying the CPO telescope, selling it for you and providing the purchaser with our 2-year warranty.

Most of our customers understand that while they end up paying a 30% consignment fee, the sale price we get is often about 30% higher than if they tried to sell a used telescope by themselves with no guarantee or warranty. It is also pretty effortless. However, if you have the time and think you can get more than this by selling it on Astromart or another place, we encourage you to try this.

If you are in a hurry to get your new telescope you can go ahead and purchase it from us now at full price. 30 days after we sell your CPO telescope we will reimburse you for 70% of the sale price.

Please note: We only accept and sell Stellarvue telescopes on our Certified Pre-owned Program.

Stellarvue Family

Stellarvue customers like yourself are part of an ownership community like no other in the industry, proud, loyal, and passionate. We like to refer to this community as our Stellarvue family.

We realize this is not your only option to sell your beloved telescope, there are many. What you're choosing to do by participating in our CPO process is helping the next generation of the Stellarvue family. Your former telescope's new owner will get all the benefits of our full 2-year warranty because you wanted to ensure it's performance will be as good as it ever was, guaranteed.

New to Stellarvue?

For new Stellarvue customers, this is a great opportunity to purchase a high quality used telescope with full 2-year warranty at a reduced cost. Trust us when we say they don't last long once listed here as “Stellarvue Certified Pre-Owned.” Check back here often as these trade-ins become available. They will often sell within a day, sometimes within hours.
Click here to see what's currently available.

Want a Tune-Up and not interested in trading up your older Stellarvue model?
If your telescope is out of warranty, we can tune-up your older Stellarvue telescope by examining, cleaning and replacing worn/broken parts to make sure it is performing at its optimum level. If you're interested in this service, please call us at (530) 823-7796, or email us at for further details.