Since 1981 Scott Losmandy has produced high quaity, American made equatorial mounts. The GM8 is his lightweight mount that is well suited for Stellarvue telescopes 130 mm and smaller in size. For astro-imaging with telescopes of this size we recommend the GM811G as the best solution since it has the same RA gear as the G11, which tracks more accurately. The GM8 is particularly well suited for visual users who rarely if ever image with telescopes 130 mm or less.
MOUNT HEAD SPECIFICATIONS
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 2.100” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500” diameter needle bearings.
- 2.812” diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed ground High Precision Brass Worm.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob per axis design.
- Porter Slip Ring Design
- 1.250” diameter aluminum shafts.
- Through the axis polar scope mounting, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument Weight Capacity 30 LBS
- Equatorial head weight 21 lbs.
GEMINI 2 GOTO ELECTRONICS (G)
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions.
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on both the touch screen and tactile membrane on the rear.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Bac
- klash Compensation (TVC).
- Control panel dimmer, Day and Night Modes.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Stand Alone System. No PC required
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or Serial Port
- DC Servos for imporved accuracy with higher torque than steppers
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- English, German, French & Spanish displays
- Over 40,000 objects
- USB ports; Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program.
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- Auto Guide Port (TTL)
Lightweight Folding Tripod
This American made tripod is preferred for those who want a truly lightweight and portable setup.
- All machined aluminum, black anodized
- Tripod height, adjustable from 27” - 43”
- Folding leg design for easy transporting.
- Tripod weight 15 lbs.