CUSTOMER AND TECHNICAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Stellarvue is in need of a person with direct experience in the Astronomical Telescope Industry in customer service and providing technical advice to amateur astronomers and educational institutions. The applicant must have experience in using telescopes and in astro-photography.
Minimum Qualifications (MQ’s): Please do not apply for this position if you do not meet the MQ’s.
A. Graduation from college. Additional experience under B May substitute for college on a year to year basis.
B. At least three years in sales or technical support specifically within the telescope industry.
C. Desire to be part of a qrowing corporation that shares its profit with employees.
This position will be trained so they can take orders, advise people on our telescopes and our accessory line and answer technical questions such as which telescope is right for them, diagnosing issues, figuring back focus, etc.
- This is a full time position working Monday - Friday 8:30-5.
- This position may work off site but will need to travel to Stellarvue Headquarters in Auburn California 2 - 4 times per year. We prefer to have this person work on-site.
- This position will work with our customers, answer emails, phone calls, provide customer support and will make sales.
- This position may attend star parties, trade shows and work with educational organizations in placing large Stellarvue telescopes in schools, colleges and parks.
- Pay is dependent on education, experience, and performance in assisting customers and in sales. This is a non-commission position as we strive to provide our customers with outstanding customer service above all else.
- We believe in giving our employees a living wage, benefits and we offer a simple IRA program.
- We also have a “Pay for Success” program that rewards employees for exceptionalism.
- This is a friendly and encouraging place to work.
It is essential that the person filling this position have the experience outlined above and the ability to attend in house training and quickly learn what they do not know. This person must also have the ability and disposition to serve our customers with great understanding and empathy. This is a technical endeavor and customers occasionally become frustrated in learning or getting a particular combination of products to work together perfectly. Our customers occasionally need help from a friendly person who understands their situation and can solve their issue. We understand that without our valued customers, we would not exist. We are therefore looking for a “service-oriented” person who shares our values and commitment.
The mission of Stellarvue is to inspire a healthy interest in science and astronomy by handcrafting the finest telescopes on the planet. If our mission could inspire you as it does us, and you want to be a part of an organization doing something exceptional, apply specifically for the customer service position here.