FOR USA and CANADA END PURCHASERS ONLY
Stellarvue (SV) warrants that each SV brand telescope and accessory shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years from the date of purchase. SV will repair or replace such product or part thereof, which upon inspection by SV is found defective in materials or workmanship. As a condition to the obligation of SV to repair or replace such product, the product must be returned to SV as specified in this warranty.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER AND LASTS ONLY AS LONG AS THE PURCHASER OWNS THE PRODUCT.
Warning: We can only guarantee the optical performance of a Stellarvue telescope to the original owner. Once the original owner has sold the telescope, we can no longer guarantee the optical performance to the next buyer. Many telescopes are modified, mishandled, stored improperly, or dropped. This can cause stress damage to the glass and damage to otherwise durable optical coatings. The only used Stellarvue telescopes that are guaranteed are those sold by Stellarvue exclusively as Certified Pre-Owned. Those telescopes are extensively evaluated in our facility with advanced test equipment to ensure they have not been compromised and operate according to original specifications.
Warranty and repair return requirements:
• Proof of purchase acceptable to SV must accompany any return for warranty work.
• A Return Authorization must be obtained from SV in advance of return. Email Stellarvue at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 823-7796 to receive the authorization and packing instructions.
• The authorization code must be written on the outside of the box or shipping container.
• All returns must be accompanied by a written note stating the model number of the product, provided authorization code, name, address, email address, and daytime telephone number of the owner, and an explanation of the problem. Replaced parts shall become the property of SV.
• The customer shall be responsible for all costs of transportation and insurance, both to and from SV.
• SV shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace any product covered by this limited warranty within thirty days of acceptance. If repair will take longer, SV shall notify the customer.
• SV may replace any product that has been discontinued with a new product of comparable value and function.
Repairs not covered by warranty
Products that have been damaged, dropped, disassembled, abused, misused, mishandled, subjected to temperature or weather extremes, subjected to unusual wear, or modified in any way will not be covered by this warranty. In these instances, this warranty shall be null and void.
THESE WARRANTIES REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SV MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES BEYOND THOSE STATED HERE AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF SV UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE COVERED PRODUCT, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS SET FORTH HEREIN. SV DISCLAIMS ANY LOST PROFITS, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHICH MAY RESULT FROM BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY, OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY SV PRODUCT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
International Customers: Stellarvue cannot accept foreign credit card or PayPal orders. We can sell to some countries using a bank wire transfer. Should warranty service be required, it is the customer's responsibility to pay shipping both ways, so keep this in mind. Check with us on whether we can sell to your country. Here is the process:
1. Using the "Contact Us" link at the top of this page, send us the following information:
* your name
* your complete shipping address with postal code
* a list of each specific item you wish to order
2. We will send you a quote for the entire order including shipping costs. (Any additional taxes required by your preferred shipper within your country will not be included in the quote; check with your shipper for more details.) Please give us 1-2 business days to respond with your quote.
3. Confirm via email if you are still interested in ordering after reviewing the quote.
4. We will send you our bank information so you can make a transfer at your bank. Take this information to your bank to make the transfer.
5. Once we confirm receipt of payment in full, we will ship your order.
WARNING: LOOKING AT THE SUN CAN CAUSE SERIOUS EYE INJURY AND BLINDNESS. NEVER POINT A TELESCOPE AT OR NEAR THE SUN. VIEWING THE SUN WITHOUT A PROPER SOLAR FILTER MAY RESULT IN BLINDNESS, AS WELL AS DAMAGE TO THE INSTRUMENT. NEVER ALLOW CHILDREN TO USE BINOCULARS OR TELESCOPES DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS, UNLESS THEY ARE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT WHO UNDERSTANDS THE DANGER OF POINTING ANY OPTICAL INSTRUMENT IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF THE SUN.