Using his SVX152T under Bortle 5 skies Jon Talbot did it again and took this wonderful image of the Sombrero Galaxy.
The image is cropped and comprised of (160) 60sec Luminance exposures for a total of 160min and near 170min of RGB exposures for a total exposure time of 11.2 hrs. The image was taken using 1x1 binning giving a resolution of .64 arc sec/pixel and upsampled using drizzle in processing to a resolution of .32 arc sec/pixel.
- Optics : Stellarvue SVX 152T refractor @f8 1200mm FL
- Mount: Paramount MYT
- Camera: ZWO ASI6200
- Filters: Chroma 50mm LRGB
- Exposure (min): LRGB 160:174:170:168 11.2 hrs, 1x1 binning
- Automation Control: The Sky X, Voyager, PrimaluceLab Eagle 4
- Guiding: Unguided
- Processing Software: PixInsight, PS CC 2022
- Location: Stark Bayou Observatory, Ocean Springs, MS
- Sky: Typical SQM 19.6-20.1, Bortle 5, Suburban
- Date: 2 April - 27 May 2022