Stellar Shot of the Week: July 23, 2021
"Abell 72 O-III RGB" - by Jerry Yesavage
Congratulations to this week's Stellar Shot selection, which goes to a one shot among a collection that was just completed by the prolific Jerry Yesavage. Jerry has been working through a number of the various deep sky catalogs, and he just recently finished imaging all of the planetary nebulae in the Abell list. You can find the rest of the works here, but they are all as impressively rendered as this version of Abell 72 (which nobody here had even seen before)! The fact that these miniscule targets are able to be resolved this well in a 130mm refractor is impressive to say the least, but the level of detail Jerry has brought out through processing is nothing short of masterful. The structures and textures in this nebula are so intricate that we were amazed this target is not more popular, and using the Oiii as the luminance was a spectacular idea. We've been told that he's nearing completion of the Sharpless catalog as well, so stay tuned here and check out Jerry's Astrobin profile at https://www.astrobin.com/users/jerryyyyy/collecti...
Please make sure to submit your own images to us as well, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by tagging them on social media with #stellarvue and #stellarshot.
The technical details of this shot are as follows:
- Imaging telescopes or lenses: Stellarvue SVT 130T
- Imaging cameras: SBIG STT 8300M
- Mounts: Astro-Physics Mach1AP GTO CP4
- Software: Software Bisque TheSky X Professional, photoshop, Starnet ++, CCDWare FocusMax V4, PixInsight, Straton Destar 2.0, Topaz Denoise AI, 3D LUT Creator,Maxim DL, EQMOD, DC-3 Dreams ACP Observatory Control Software, Astro-Physics Command Center (APCC) Software, Annie's Astro Actions Version 7.0
- Filters: Astrodon 3nm OIII 31mm, Astrodon Tru-Balance E-Series Generation 2 RGB
- Accessories: Moonlite Nitecrawler 3.5, Tolga Astro Alnitak Flat-Man Electroluminescent Flat Fielding Device