For customers who have an older version of the M002C mount, we have improved performance of the TDLV shoe by incorporating a custom machined guide pin with threaded attachment and higher tension springs. This improvement helps maintain better alignment with minimizes sticking of the shoe when removing the dovetail.
Installation of these parts is easy:
1. Unthread and remove both knobs and the smaller machined part.
2. Remove both of the springs and the short, threaded spacers if they are present.
3. Removal of the short threaded pins will require an Allen wrench.
4. Install the new pins by screwing them in tight and install the replacement springs as shown.
5. Reassemble. You will notice the new spring has much more tension.