The More Functional Red Flashlight.
This is the more functional two-color version of the Rigel LED red flashlight. Less expensive versions only have red lights, but we have not always found this to be sufficient under normal, outdoor/field conditions. This version allows the user to switch from red to white which is a huge bonus in functionality. While the red light is of course needed for night time observing, the white light helps when away from the telescope field. Whether you're in a tent or just cleaning up after a night's observing, having a regular flashlight ensures that nothing valuable is left behind on the ground.
For decades SkyLight Mini has been our favorite observers flashlight due to its utility.
- The square shape fits between your teeth when you are assembling your gear in the dark.
- The lanyard keeps the flashlight around your neck all night long.
- The on-off brightness control works for both red and white light.
- The wide range of the brightness control allows one to dim the red light to the perfect brightness for close inspection of dim, deep sky objects.
- The light weight makes carrying it effortless.
- The battery lasts from 12 hrs to 320 hrs depending on the setting.
- Both lights and batteries are easy to replace as they simply plug in.