- Choice of three heavy duty, dual speed 3" or 3.5" focusers with threaded adapters. the 3" Stellarvue focuser is standard but you can also order the telescope with either a Feather Touch #FTF3545B-A 3 1/2" focuser for $600 additional or a Moonlight computerized, rotating. 3.5" NiteCrawler focuser with extension tubes, M75 adapter, and temperature compensator for $2804 additional
- Finder scope dovetail mounting base
- CNC machined, heavy-duty mounting rings.
- Heavy-duty Roadie case made with 3/8" plywood, thickly padded with wheels and handle
- Stellarvue F050IW optical finderscope with R050DA dual mounting rings
Light gathering and magnification power: A 180mm refractor gathers 661 more times the amount of light than the naked eye. Although Dawes limit states maximum magnification power for telescopes under good conditions is about 420 power for a telescope of this size, this high-Strehl APO refractor can exceed this power on steady nights. Check the Recommended Accessories section to make the best choice for eyepieces.
Two year warranty and Stellarvue Service: We are friends for life. Stellarvue telescopes and accessories are covered by a two-year warranty. But it does not stop there. Since we are a telescope maker, we can repair your telescope for a very nominal fee years after it goes out of warranty, should you accidentally drop it on concrete or otherwise damage it. Buy a Stellarvue Telescope with confidence.
180 mm clear aperture, 1,260mm focal length (F-7), apochromatic triplet using super low dispersion (SD) optical glass. This objective is precision figured in our optical shop to an accuracy of .99 Strehl or higher.
Machined, fully baffled, aluminum tube painted instrument white outside, ultra-flat back inside.
Tube Assembly Weight:
Under 38 lbs with caps in place. 44.5 pounds with mounting rings and TP013A Losmandy-style rail.
The main tube is about 7.95" in diameter. The complete telescope is 54” long with dew shield extended and focuser all the way in. With the dew shield retracted the length is reduced to 44 1/4".
About 9.1" diameter, fully retracting dew shield with threaded aluminum cap.
- The Stellarvue 3" focuser. This focuser has 4.5" of travel and 2" and 1.25" compression ring adapters. This is our brand focuser that is well known as a stable and smooth 3" focuser with a highly accurate 8 to 1 reduction that allows absolutely precise focusing. This is the same as used on our smaller aperture telescopes. Both Optec and ZWO motors attach directly to this focuser allowing even more precise focusing.
- The Starlight Instruments 3.5" focuser, with 4.5" of travel and 2" and 1.25" compression ring adapters. This is an American-made focuser that is equally smooth to the focuser above, but is larger. Both Optec and Starlight Instruments make motors for these focusers.
- The Moonlight Nightcrawler 3.5" focuser with various extension tubes and 2" and 1.25" adapters. This is an advanced, electronic, computerized focuser preferred by dedicated imagers. It is the most expensive upgrade, but for those who want perfection when it comes to imaging, this is considered one of the best. The downside is a very short focuser draw tube length which is great for imaging stability, but requires various extensions when converting to visual use. Since most high-end imagers rarely or never look through their instrument, this is usually no big deal.
*Please note that the default color for the Nitecrawler will be RED unless specified otherwise. For a full list of available color options visit ww.focuser.com.
R180 CNC-machined mounting ring set with five 1/4"-20 threaded holes top and bottom. Holes are spaced 1.5” and 60mm apart respectively, with one in the center.
C180 hard case made with 3/8" plywood, with latches, side handles and wheels. The heavy duty case is 52" long, 15 3/4" wide and 15 3/4" high.
Optical Imaging Accessories:
Field Flattener: To image with this telescope at 1260mm focal length, use the SFFX-2 if you are purchasing a 3.5" focuser and use the SFFX-1 if you are ordering the 3" focuser. The SFFX-2 is too large to fit focusers smaller than 3.5".
Reducer Flattener: To image at 945 mm f-5.25, use the SFFR.72 photographic field flattener/reducer. It produces a full frame (42 mm) image circle. If this reducer/flattener is used in conjunction with the 3" Stellarvue focuser it is necessary to remove the extension tube in front of the focuser in order to reach focus.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
5 stars for the SVX180T and 2 big thumbs up for Stellarvue. I have one of the first SVX180T shipped, but have been waiting on a PMX+ to mate it with. It arrived just in time for a first light on Halloween. It started out as just a few kids, but in a matter of minutes parents were arriving and soon out numbered the kids. My SVR102T was also setup and both scopes at about 150X. Adults all had the usual comments but one 6 year old is now etched in my brain. I was kneeling next to the eyepiece helping the 6 year old when he stepped aside for next child, he had a look on his face like he had seen a ghost or even God, and then the expression just faded away and he high 5 me and exclaimed "unbelievable...dad can i get one!
Now my review. The fit, finish and engendering are all first rate. The Moonlite focuser is mated perfectly and the supplied adapters for imaging and visual work perfectly. At 150X I think the views are better than my SCT and Newt are at 150X. My SCT and Newt wont support any more then 200X. The SVX180T, using a cheap barlow at 300X had rock solid views even I think I may see God in it some night! Yes i am pleased beyond words with my SVX180T I have been a customer of Stellarvue for about 6 years now, and Vic, his entire staff and Stellarvue are the absolutely the best people I have dealt with in this industry. ********** Plus 2 thumbs up.
Charles Andries..AKA "The Slo Table"
My 180 was delivered six days ago. I am still working on set up but did some viewing and limited imaging. Jupiter is awesome. I told my wife this is the best telescope I've ever looked through. Jovian moon shadows on the surface of the planet are really sharp. Great surface detail and contrast. I am very pleased.