Click here for our online operator's manual: SVX080T
Stellarvue SVX080T-R Limited Edition
Stellarvue acquired additional carbon fiber tubes and is now offering them for the standard price of the aluminum tube 80 apo triplets. Get this free upgrade to carbon fiber while they last. Available only from Stellarvue. This model is built upon order and ships in 3-4 days.
Stellarvue's SVX080T-R Limited Edition features an 80 mm f-6 (480 mm focal length) fully multi-coated, 3-element objective lens with an Ohara FPL-53 center element. The objectives are hand-figured in the Stellarvue optical shop in Auburn, CA to exceed .98 Strehl (interferometric test report included). This model is assembled with a Stellarvue FSV-25A 2.5" fully rotating focuser.
The purchase price also includes:
- Two compression ring adapters (1.25" and 2")
- Dual heavy duty mounting rings
- C020 airline carry-on case
The SVX series apochromatic telescopes use objectives that have the highest optical ratings as measured and documented on our Zygo Phase-Shifting Laser Interferometer. SVX series optics are rated at .98 - .996 Strehl with excellent optical correction of aberrations. To attain this level of optical accuracy Stellarvue opticians use specially-made tools to hand-figure objectives. While former models (without the X designation) all tested at .95 Strehl or higher, SVX series telescopes place 98 - 99% of the light precisely where it should be. Each SVX series refractor comes with a Zygo interferometric test report taken in our shop, documenting the accuracy of your individual objective.
Each lens focuses light with precision, and the extreme broadband coatings on each surface enhance it even further. The stars appear vivid and the background, velvet black. Since these coatings transmit more than 99% in the visual spectrum, reflections seen on CCD images are eliminated.
Tube and Dew Shield
Comes with a beautiful carbon fiber tube and dew shield with velvet black interior. The dew shield retracts, reducing the length of the telescope for storage. Extending the dew-shield minimizes dewing of the objective at night and serves as a glare shade during the daytime.
This system includes aluminum rings that are imported to keep the price low. They are threaded for 1/4-20. Fittings are black anodized aluminum.
Motorized Focuser Options
An 80 mm refractor gathers 131 times more light than the naked eye. Although Dawes limit states maximum power for telescopes under good conditions is about 189 power for an 80 mm telescope, you can exceed this power on a steady night. This is a true apo triplet, capable of high power when conditions permit. See our list of recommended accessories below to make the best choice for eyepieces.
- Star Diagonal: The 2" quartz diagonal normally sells for $249. When purchased with a Stellarvue telescope, the price is only $199 by selecting the option at the top of the page: "
- Photographic Field Flattener: Convert your SVX080T into a 480 mm f-6 flat field astro-graph using our photographic field flattener.
- Eyepieces: We recommend the complete set of Stellarvue Optimus eyepieces, which includes:
- the 20 mm, which provides an enormous field of view, making it easy to locate objects;
- the 9 mm eyepiece, which is ideally suited for deep sky objects including nebulas, star clusters, faint galaxies, and reveals structure in faint nebulosity with high contrast;
- The 3.6 mm, which shows great detail and enlarges smaller objects during optimal viewing conditions;
- The 4.7 mm eyepiece, which is perfect for viewing planets, double stars, and smaller craters on the moon and works under average viewing conditions.
- Weight: 5.4lb (without rings), and 0.45lb per ring. 6.1lb total.
- Mount and tripod - We recommend one of the following:
- AVX mount: The advanced AVX mount is a lightweight, inexpensive, and portable motorized go-to mount. It takes several minutes to set up, but once it is ready you can use the computer to locate objects and the tracking function to keep them in your view.
- Losmandy GM811G mount and tripod: This is the best-priced American-made mount.
- MYT Mount: The Paramount MYT is THE best mount for astrophotography. It is pricey, but works perfectly. It can also be used to drive any Stellarvue refractor including our SVX152T Flagship.
Two-year warranty and Stellarvue service: Stellarvue telescopes and accessories are covered by a two-year warranty. After warranty expires, Stellarvue can repair your telescope if it is damaged for a nominal fee.
Click here for financing information.
Weight = 5.4lb