Stellarvue's new six element, apochromatic, imaging astrograph is made with ED and Lanthanum glasses to create a wide, flat, excellently color-corrected field. The system operates at 655 mm focal lenth, f-5. Think of it as a Petzval using triplets on either end so no other flattener/reducer is needed. Each element is fully multi-coated to transmit light from 400 - 1000nm! With 99.6% transmission combined with excellent optical correction, this imager is capable of reaching deep and showing more than smaller instruments intended for this purpose.
To further increase the ability of the system, we are using the Optec 3" TCF-S3 motorized, temperature compensating focuser. This focuser has 1" of travel, is extremely robust and stable. Once the temperature compensation is worked out, imaging is much less of a hassle as temperatures drop. The unit compensates for optical shift in this system as temperatures change. Everything is included, the Focus Lynx, Motor, Temperature Sensor and new hand controller. Since we include everything you can use this focuser both with your laptop or with the hand control.
Heavy duty CNC machined rings are made in our shop to mount the system rigidly and we include our TP13 Losmandy style plate with each system. Also included is a heavy-duty C130HC hard case, proudly made in America!
The Stellarvue C130HC is made of 3/8" plywood and finished with tough PVC laminate, metal edges, and steel corner reinforcing brackets. Features include two dolly wheels to help you move it around, a spring-loaded heavy-duty handle that is flush to the case, two turn-to-open draw latches, three metal hinges and webbing straps to keep the lid from falling backwards. The case interior is lined with foam, and a custom cutout is provided for your 130. Outside dimensions are 43" x 13" x 14" and the weight (without telescope) is 28.6 pounds.
What else will you need to use the telescope?
We recommend the following accessories:
- Camera: One or more of the following
- Starlight Xpress SX694 Combo: Starlight Xpress SX694 CCD camera, mini filter wheel and Lodestar 2 autoguider.
- DSLR T-Ring: Choose the appropriate 42mm T-ring for your particular camera brand.
- CCD Camera: Choose from our wide variety of 42mm extensions to match the backspacing of your camera, call us if you need assistance calculating the correct distance.
- Filters: Astrodon filter set (LRGB and Ha made for the SX694 filter wheel).
- Visual Finderscope: F50M2 Finderscope and mounting rings.
- Mount and tripod: One of the following
- CGEM Mount: The Celestron CGEM Mount and stainless steel tripod will hold your SVS130 with great stability. The 40,000 object computer will allow you to view faint celestial objects with the push of a button.
- MYT Mount: The Paramount MYT is THE best mount to use for astrophotography. It is pricey but works perfectly.