|Expected ship date is 20th Nov 2017|
Now on sale for a limited time, save $400!
This system includes the main items you will need to start observing the night sky. We've taken the guess work out of selecting accessories for this telescope. Complete the system by choosing an alt-az or equatorial mount with the option above.This system includes:
- Stellarvue's SVA130T-25SV Refractor
- Stellarvue 2" dielectric star diagonal upgrade
- A full set of Optimus series 100 - 110 degree eyepieces.
NEW! This is our latest version of the 130T. The SVA designation means they are advanced in design. Two important factors make this lens superior:
1. This model uses a unique lens design that provides excellent sphero-chromatic correction using an extra low dispersion center element and a very expensive rare earth rear element. This lens has both a unique glass combination and an extremely high optical accuracy. We provide a certified test report with every 130 mm telescope we manufacture demonstrating its optical prowess. This lens, with its optical design and high optical accuracy outperforms less expensive lenses of commercial quality.
2. Air spaced lenses that are 5" and larger are often mounted in aluminum cells. These cells expand and contract many times more than the glass. The larger the lens is, the more important it is to have it mounted in a cell with a similar coefficient of expansion (CTE). LZOS in Russia has always provided their 130 mm and larger lenses in a steel cell for this reason. Other 130 mm EDT's use simple aluminum cells which expand and contract around the glass many times more than our cells, distorting the image. Using a material that closely approximates the expansion and contraction rate of the glass is much more expensive but it maintains the performance of the lens despite dropping temperatures.
The SVA130 is a full triplet apo. Expect zero false color, high contrast and an exceptional star test.
The Stellarvue SVA130T-25SV comes with our highly touted 2.5" Stellarvue dual speed, rack and pinion focuser with 80 mm of travel, full focuser rotator, and 2" and 1.25" compression ring adapters.
You may also purchase it with the larger 3" Feather Touch focuser by selecting the option above.
We use American made CNC mounting rings, a retracting dew shield, metal dust cap and protective case.
The Stellarvue C130L comes standard with the SVA130T. This is our largest heavy duty soft case. It is made of the same heavy duty construction as our other thickly padded travel cases. X 8" X 8". Has two internal dividers that are held in place by velcro and can be easily removed. Outside dimensions are 39" X 10 1/2" X 101/2". Inside dimensions are 36" X 8" X 8". Has two internal dividers that are held in place by velcro and can be easily removed.
The optional C130HC is quite a case! It is made of 3./8" plywood and finished with tough PVC laminate, metal edges, and steel corner reinforcing brackets. Features include two dolly wheels to help you move it around, a spring-loaded heavy-duty handle that is flush to the case, two turn-to-open draw latches, three metal hinges and webbing straps to keep the lid from falling backwards. The case interior is lined with foam, and a custom cutout is provided for your 130. Outside dimensions are 43" x 13" x 14" and the weight (without telescope) is 28.6 pounds.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS - SVA130T
OBJECTIVE LENS: Air spaced 130 mm f-7 fully multi-coated, apochromatic triplet using a unique lens design employing super low dispersion ED glass and a Lanthanum third element than improves performance. The lens is mounted in a steel, adjustable, flanged mounted, cell.
TUBE ASSEMBLY: All aluminum, Instrument White, fully baffled, 5.5” diameter tube. Telescope is 29.5" long with dew shield retracted and 35" long when extended.
DEW SHIELD: 6 5/8" diameter, 9 5/8" long retracting aluminum dew shield in Instrument White with black anodized fittings
FOCUSER: Stellarvue's highly rated 2.5" dual speed, rack and pinion focuser with 2" and 1.25" threaded adapters. Includes our standard FBB dovetail shoe for use with our finder scope rings. If you prefer the larger and more expensive 3" Feather Touch focuser with 2" and 1.25" compression ring adapters, simply select the "Replace Stellarvue focuser with 3" Feather Touch focuser:" option above to the right of the telescope picture.
MOUNTING RINGS: Very heavy duty, American made cnc mounting rings using 6061 T6 aluminum plate. Five threaded 1/4-20 holes top and bottom spaced 1.5" and 60 mm apart with one in the center. 5 mm side hole for reflect finder mounting.
WEIGHT: 16.8 pounds. Rings weigh 1.4 pounds each. Slightly heavier with the Feather Touch option.
CASE: C130L heavy duty, thickly padded case.
STAR DIAGONAL: This system includes our best 2" dielectric star diagonal upgrade with 99% reflectivity dielectric mirror.
EYEPIECES: Includes our Optimus series eyepieces. Get a 100 - 110 degree field of view in these four eyepieces. These are the best eyepieces we have ever offered. They will give you sharp, flat, high contrast views at the following magnifications:
20 mm = 45.5X. Use this for extended field objects like the entire Andromeda Galaxy, glide past thousands of stars in the Milky Way and use this to easily locate objects you see with a wide 2.2 degree field. That is nearly 4 1/2 full moons!
9 mm = 101X. Use this to view deep sky objects including nebulae, open star clusters, globulars and faint galaxies. The high contrast of this eyepiece preserves the exceptional contrast of this 130 mm apo triplet. The field is nearly a full degree.
4.7 mm = 194X. Use this for studying planets and double stars with a half degree field of view.
3.6 mm = 253X. Use this to close in on planets and double stars, especially under ideal seeing conditions. This eyepiece provides a .395 degree field.
MOUNTING PLATE: Optional. We recommend the Stellarvue TP013 Losmandy style mounting plate.
PARAMOUNT MyT MOUNT AND PARAMOUNT TRIPOD: Optional. The American made Paramount MyT (Pictured to the right) and the Paramount tripod is considered to be the best world class mount for the SVA130T. With it you will have the tracking accuracy and dependability Paramount customers have come to expect.
IMAGING ACCESSORIES: A field flattener or reducer flattener turns your SVA130T into a stunning astrograph.