SVA130T WITH 2.5" STELLARVUE FOCUSER IMAGING SYSTEM
This system works either as a 130 mm f-7 visual telescope or a 130 mm f-5 imaging system. Use your existing camera and mount or add the camera, filters and mount shown at the top right of this web page and you have everything you need to image celestial objects. We honestly believe the camera, filters and mount listed to the right are the best in their class and are ideally suited to work in concert with the SVA130 to provide stunning images.
To complete the imaging system we you will need an accurate equatorial mount, camera, filters and guider.
Fully multicoated apo triplet objective: The SVA130 uses a unique lens design that provides excellent sphero-chromatic correction using an extra low dispersion center element and a very expensive rare earth rear element. This lens has both a unique glass combination and an extremely high optical accuracy. We provide a certified test report with every 130 mm telescope we manufacture demonstrating its optical prowess. This lens, with its optical design and high optical accuracy outperforms less expensive lenses of commercial quality.
Air spaced lenses that are 5" and larger are often mounted in aluminum cells. These cells expand and contract many times more than the glass. The larger the lens is, the more important it is to have it mounted in a cell with a similar coefficient of expansion (CTE). LZOS in Russia has always provided their 130 mm and larger lenses in a steel cell for this reason. Other 130 mm Apos including the imports ranging from 127 mm - 132 mm and the recent crop of import 130 EDT's use simple aluminum cells which expand and contract around the glass many times more than our cells, distorting the image. Using a material that closely approximates the expansion and contraction rate of the glass is much more expensive but it maintains the performance of the lens despite dropping temperatures.
The SVA130 is a full apo triplet. Expect zero false color, high contrast and an exceptional star test.
Tube and dew shield: The standard model (SVA130T) comes with an aluminum tube and dew shield that is finished in Instrument White. Fittings are black anodized aluminum. The dew shield retracts reducing the length of the telescope when being stored. Extending the dew-shield minimizes dewing of the objective at night and serves as a glare shade during the daytime.
Internal tube treatment: The inside of the main tube assembly is painted "ultra flat black" and is baffled to eliminate tube wall reflections.
Difference between aluminum and carbon fiber tubes: The aluminum tube of the SVA130T cools down rapidly. We feel that aluminum is is the best material for this particular telescope as it cools down rapidly and allows for perfect alignment through precise cnc machining.
2.5" Stellarvue visual/photographic focuser: This telescope comes standard with the Stellarvue 2.5" rack and pinion focuser. It has a higher lifting capacity than Crayfords and the larger ID means the vignetting is eliminated. The ultra-smooth coarse/fine focus knobs (7:1 Ratio) and internal brake system give the user complete control when focusing and imaging.You may also purchase this system with a 3" Feather Touch focuser for $550 additional.
SFFR130T Photographic Reducer - Field Flattener: This amazing dedicated unit will convert the visual SVA130T into an imaging system that will allow the user to take breathtaking images of deep sky objects including nebulae, star clusters and galaxies. This unit is optimized for use with either a DSLR camera (with optional t-ring) or the Starlight Xpress camera available above.
Aluminum hinged rings: The SVA130T comes with two-hinged, American-made, CNC machined aluminum mounting rings. Each ring has five screws top and bottom. Threaded holes are 1/4-20. There is one center hole, two holes spaced 1.5" apart and two holes spaced 60 mm apart. Use the optional TP13 for mounts that use the Losmandy style rail.
Stellarvue C130L comes standard with the SVA130T. This is our largest heavy duty soft case. It is made of the same heavy duty construction as our other thickly padded travel cases. Outside dimensions are 39" X 10 1/2" X 101/2". Inside dimensions are 36" X 8" X 8". Has two internal dividers that are held in place by velcro and can be easily removed. ensions are 39" X 10 1/2" X 101/2". Inside dimensions are 36" X 8" X 8". Has two internal dividers that are held in place by velcro and can be easily removed.
The optional C130HC is quite a case! It is made of 3./8" plywood and finished with tough PVC laminate, metal edges, and steel corner reinforcing brackets. Features include two dolly wheels to help you move it around, a spring-loaded heavy-duty handle that is flush to the case, two turn-to-open draw latches, three metal hinges and webbing straps to keep the lid from falling backwards. The case interior is lined with foam, and a custom cutout is provided for your 130. Outside dimensions are 43" x 13" x 14" and the weight (without telescope) is 28.6 pounds.
Light gathering and magnification power: An 130 mm refractor gathers 345 times the amount of light the naked eye does. This is a true apo triplet capable of high power when conditions permit. Check the Recommended Accessories section to make the best choice for eyepieces.
Two year warranty and Stellarvue Service: We are with you for life. Stellarvue telescopes and accessories are covered by a two year warranty. But it does not stop there. Since we are a telescope maker, we can repair your telescope for a very nominal fee years after it goes out of warranty, should you accidentally drop it on concrete or otherwise damage it. Buy a Stellarvue Telescope with confidence. Our customer care is legendary.
What else will you need to use the telescope?
We recommend the following accessories:
- Star Diagonal: Our fantastic 2" Star Diagonal.
- Camera: One or more of the following
- Starlight Xpress SX694 Combo: Starlight Xpress SX694 ccd camera, mini filter wheel and Lodestar 2 autoguider.
- DSLR T-Ring: Choose the appropriate 42mm T-ring for your particular camera brand.
- CCD Camera: Choose from our wide variety of 42mm extensions to match the backspacing of your camera, call us if you need assistance calculating the correct distance.
- Filters: Astrodon filter set (LRGB and Ha made for the SX694 filter wheel).
- Finderscope: F50M2 Finderscope and mounting rings.
- Eyepieces: We recommend the complete assortment of Stellarvue Optimus Eyepieces. The 20 mm will provide you with an enormous field of view which will make it easy to locate objects you see in the sky, It will also show you extended objects like the Andromeda Galaxy. Scan the Milky Way with this eyepiece and see hundreds of stars in each field of view. The 9 mm eyepiece is ideally suited for deep sky objects including nebulae, star clusters and faint galaxies. This eyepiece reveals more structure in faint nebulosity with higher contrast. The 3.6 and 4.7 are perfect for viewing planets, double stars and smaller craters on the moon. Under average skies the 4.7 will work best but when the seeing conditions are optimal, the 3.6 mm will show you more detail and enlarge smaller objects even more.
- Mount and tripod: One of the following
- CGEM Mount: The Celestron CGEM Mount and stainless steel tripod will hold your SVA130T with great stability. The 40,000 object computer will allow you to view faint celestial objects with the push of a button.
- MYT Mount: The Paramount MYT is THE best mount to use for astrophotography. It is pricey but works perfectly.