- Medium format, high resolution 'Exview' CCD chip, with 6,050,000 x 4.54uM square pixels in a 15.98mm diagonal array.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Excellent QE of 77% peak in yellow light, 65% at Hydrogen alpha (656 nm).
- Three port powered USB hub built-in. Can drive a Lodestar or Superstar guider + SX filter wheel.
- High performance two stage cooling for better than -40C delta T
- Dry Argon CCD chamber fill for improved cooling performance.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Back focal length 17mm +/-1mm.
- High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 5 second downloads
- Built-in triple powered USB hub for guider and filter wheel control.
- Single USB cable control for all feautres - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.5 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diamter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.