Trius-SX694 Combination Package
This selection includes the following items:
- Trius-694 camera
- Starlight Xpress mini filter wheel
- Lodestar X2 Autoguider.
- Spacing set to work with all Stellarvue photographic field flatteners and Stellarvue focal reducer-field flatteners.
Trius SX-694 Camera
- Medium format, high resolution 'Exview' CCD chip, with 6,050,000 x 4.54uM square pixels in a 15.98mm diagonal array.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Excellent QE of 77% peak in yellow light, 65% at Hydrogen alpha (656 nm).
- Three port powered USB hub built-in. Can drive a Lodestar or Superstar guider + SX filter wheel.
- High performance two stage cooling for better than -40C delta T
- Dry Argon CCD chamber fill for improved cooling performance.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Back focal length 17mm +/-1mm.
- High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 5 second downloads.
- Built -in triple powered USB hub for guider and filter wheel control.
- Single USB cable control for all features- get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.5 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.
Mini Filter Wheel with OAG
The mini filter wheel with off-axis guide prism, is a compact solution for mobile setups, or where the lightest possible wheel and guider are required. The wheel is USB controlled and powered, with 5 filter positions, and the OAG is pre-set to be close to par-focal with most SX cameras. The SX Lodestar or SuperStar guide cameras are an ideal match to the OAG pick-off tube.
The Lodestar X2 is an upgraded version of the very popular Lodestar autoguider. The original Lodestar uses the ICX429 Exview chip from Sony and offers excellent sensitivity. However, Sony have now upgraded the ICX429 to the ICX829, with considerably improved QE and read noise. This new 'Exview 2' chip approximately doubles the Lodestar sensitivity and adds nearly a full star magnitude to the minimum guide star brightness. We have also redesigned the boards so that a standard RJ12 guide socket can be used. This will please many users who have found the small 'ZH' cable socket to be too delicate.