This is the Celestron VX EQ mount and tripod as it comes along with a Stellarvue TP10 Vixen Rail. Use this combination along with Stellarvue telescopes that are 102 mm and larger.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount was designed with imaging in mind, and is packed with high-end features normally found only on more expensive mounts. Enjoy permanently programmable periodic error correction, all star polar alignment, auto-guider support, and the ability to image across the meridian without doing a pesky meridian flip. The Celestron VX mount can handle up to 30 pounds and OTA's are easily switched out, making this a very versatile travel mount that can carry a variety of telescope tube assemblies.
Engineered from the ground up with astroimaging in mind, the new Advanced VX series from Celestron sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes. Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- Improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- German Equatorial Mount Computerized (GOTO)
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 2"
- Mount Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
- Mount Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Weight of Counterweights: 1 x 12 lbs
- Warranty: 2-year Telescope Warranty