Here at Stellarvue we make one telescope at a time. We take time to ensure each one is as good as we can make it. These are not rushed, mass produced, mediocre instruments. We believe the world doesn't need any more mediocre telescopes.
Telescope models are offered in three availability categories:
1. In Stock. We try and keep most telescopes in stock at all times. Any telescope available for sale on our website may be ordered and it will be shipped within 48 hours.
2. Pre-order List: We endeavor to keep our telescope models in stock but this is not always possible. For example, focusers obtained by either Starlight or Optec may be back ordered. So when you order these they will be made and sent after we receive the back ordered part. Pre-order telescope orders are filled on a first-come, first served basis. The sooner you order, the sooner you get your telescope. We include the expected completion date on the website for these telescopes based on what the other manufacturers tell us.
3. Notification List: We make some telescopes (such as the SV152 above) in limited runs. The next run of 152's will be for 50 units. These are long term projects as each telescope is hand crafted, one at a time. When a new glass run is ordered we create a notification list so people can get in line for deliveries. Once we have telescopes being made, we send an email to those on the notification list. Customers on the list have one week to place an order and maintain their place in line. One week later, we open the pre-order list so everyone can order. When the number of telescopes ordered is equal to the number we plan to make, we close the preorder list and start a new notification list. People on this list will be waiting until we begin the next project to make a run of these telescopes. This could be more than a year.
We also place some new telescopes announced at the Northeast Astronomy Forum (NEAF) on a temporary notification list. This happens when we have created and tested a prototype, showed this new model at NEAF but have not yet completed production models.
- We try and keep every telescope model in stock. They can be ordered and will be shipped within 48 hours.
- Some telescopes occasionally go on pre-order status when a part is not available. They are usually shipped in about 30 days.
- The SV152 is made in limited runs. Those interested can get on a notification list and will be notified when they can order these. They will have one week to order once notified in order to hold their place in line.