Stellarvue is a small but highly successful business in Auburn. It is a leader in manufacture of astronomical telescopes. Stellarvue is looking for a motivated employee interested in permanent employment and in playing a vital role in an expanding business. The Stellarvue Trainee (Trainee) is responsible for assisting in general operations, customer service, filing, ensuring the maintenance of a safe and clean work environment in the shop and clean room, complying with all requirements and policies, efficient assembly and testing of parts, maintaining inventory on all parts and supplies needed to meet anticipated future needs, and performing other duties as required.
- The Trainee reports to the Stellarvue, 11820 Kemper Road, Auburn, CA 95603 and works 9-5 (7.5 hrs) Monday through Friday. This is a 120 day training assignment. During this 120 day period, the trainee will be required to learn and be successful in accomplishing all required tasks, on schedule. Following the training period, the successful trainee will be considered for promotion to general employee which has a 60 day probationary period. Trainees work for Blue Ribbon Personnel as a temp and are not covered by health insurance. General employees working over 20 hours per week will receive health insurance benefits (company pays 50%) in addition to an increase in pay, based on the individual's level of accomplishment.
- The position reports to the Manager. This position will be trained in all assembly and customer service activities. The Trainee will perform assembly work, handle orders and effectively communicate with customers in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: The Trainee will be expected to learn about the telescope industry and our operations in particular. This person must be able to answer many of our customers questions by the end of the training period. It will be essential that the trainee keep on schedule in the learning process. This position will download, invoice, pack and ship orders; communicate with customers regarding sales and expedite repairs. (25%)
- Assembly: Assembly and testing of telescopes, finderscopes and parts. (25%)
- Inventory Management: The Trainee will conduct physical counts, alerting the Manager when parts are required, ordering domestic parts, handling all logistics associated with powder-coating, anodizing and engraving, maintaining printing labels, boxes and packing. (25%)
- Administrative duties: Filing, correspondence, Internet updates. (10%)
- Cleaning and organization of facility, participating in safety training (10%)
- Other duties as required (5%)
- This position is responsible for inventory maintenance of all parts needed to assemble products. A monthly check will be made to ensure that all parts are kept in stock in sufficient numbers to ensure that products can be made when needed. The position will work closely with the Manager so needs may be anticipated and work may be scheduled.
- Experience in using Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Web publishing experience is preferred but not mandatory. Training will be given in each aspect of the work. Employees must be motivated, punctual and dependable.
If you are interested in this position, email email@example.com. Indicate in the email why you think you are a good fit for this position and why you are interested. Attach a resume in Word or PDF format. The resume should include dates worked at each location, salary and reason for leaving. Include your address and phone. Interviews will be scheduled for late April. Please do not call Stellarvue regarding this position.